These Pepita Turmeric Coconut Bars are absolutely delicious. And guess that? They feature healthy fats, and no sugar!
We made these in no time last night, and had healthy bars for breakfast before yoga this morning!
I took my regular recipe from my cookbook for Decadent Power Truffles with Ginger and Sea Salt. I added crushed toasted pumpkin seeds and lots of fresh grated turmeric root.
Instead of taking time to roll truffles, I simply panned it out, sprinkled with toasted coconut, and froze it.
This morning, we took out the pan, let it thaw for 5-10 minutes, and cut squares!
Store in the freezer for an easy snack.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Total Time: 12 to 24 hours for cooling time
Yield: 35 to 45 squares
• 2 (13.5-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
• 28 drops liquid stevia 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 7 tablespoons carob powder (or unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder)
• 1 1/2 teaspoon high-mineral sea salt
• 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
• 2 tablespoons grated fresh turmeric root
• zest of 1 lemon
• zest of 1 orange
• 1 1/2 cups organic creamy almond or sunflower seed butter
• 2 cups toasted and chopped pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
• 3/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes (finely shredded)
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.